- What is Prosperity vs. Poverty Mindset?
- Why is this important to you, your team or company?
- What are practical steps one can take to create a Prosperity Mindset?
Poverty Thinking People:
- Spend lots of time figuring out ways to save money and generally say they have no time/support.
- See only what something costs. Tend to jump over dollars to save pennies.
- Pass up opportunities – because of their beliefs/context they miss opportunities.
Prosperity Thinking People:
- Spend money to find ways to save them time and generally support themselves/ organization better.
- See the whole picture- both costs and opportunities.
- Capitalize on opportunities and create ways to cost justify the investment in themselves/company.
Why Bother with this?
A poverty mindset/context/way of thinking can create undue stress for oneself (and others). Additionally, it often puts one on a path counter to one’s vision of success for themselves, their team or company.
3 Steps to Prosperity Thinking
STOP! Take an honest look inside yourself to truly understand your context/beliefs, which may be unconscious to you, thus creating undue stress and taking you down a costly, unprofitable path.
Commit to investing in yourself, your team and/or company. Start by asking where you want to go, and what time and money investment is needed to get there. To paraphrase Goethe “Nothing happens until one is committed.”
Start putting in place the right People, Structure and Tools (P.S.T.) that you, your team/company truly need. This process takes time, creates new habits and ways of thinking, and can substantially increase your potential success and satisfaction in life. Read this piece please www.johnruh.com/right-support-means-the-right-p-s-t/.
P.S. Additional reading: Are You Cheap? www.johnruh.com/are-you-cheap/