Speaking leader to leader, we must:
- Understand the nature of our ego
This, to a great extent, determines our natural leadership style.
- Accept the nature of our ego
This means accepting both what you like and don’t like and recognizing what is real. Acceptance comes from the heart not the head.
- Support our ego right
This is complicated and a moving target, but great results are the by-product of having the proper support. This includes having the right Programs, Processes and/or People we need to support our work and personal life so our vision and goals are alive and well.
- Read “Chasing Your Tail” a free blog at www.johnruh.com/are-you-chasing-your-tail/.
- Read Phil Jackson’s book, 11 Rings which is a great book on this subject and leadership/coaching in general (as well as a fun sports book) or ask us for our book summary.
- Be on the lookout for our upcoming Blog on How to Bench Your Ego. Can’t wait? Call/email John now at 773-641-9631.
PS: Think about it. How can you accept and support yourself if you don’t really understand yourself? We need to first to understand and accept yourself, and then to have a continuous improvement program in place to grow ourselves. It’s everyone’s job, like brushing one’s teeth (https://www.johnruh.com/brushing-your-teeth/).
PPS: Call Darlene at 773-775-6636 or email me (email@example.com) and ask for a free management/leadership or sales profile (one per company) to start this continuous process on yourself.
Written by John Ruh
John M. Ruh and Associates are mission based business advisors who partner with growth oriented leaders to create the right P.S.T. support: the right People, the right Structure and the right Tools.