Chicago Business Planning and continuous Improvement. We absolutely/positively must complete the end of the year well (take care of business), get our strategic initiatives (continuous improvement projects) completed and design a super game plan (be it individual, departmental, or company) so we can enroll the support we need to have a successful next year.
Step 1: October/November: Focus: Annual Review (everyone)
- Do an annual company survey to get everyone’s input so we can enroll all stakeholders and show our respect for their participation.
- Review/analyze your annual budget and your preliminary budget for next year.
- Complete all key annual continuous improvement initiatives and projects.
Step 2: November/December: Focus: Next Year’s Game Plan
- With key inside and outside manager/leaders create a game plan for next year.
- Managers do their departmental plans and possibly complete annual individual employee reviews.
- Make sure that budget and support needs (including key continuous improvement initiatives) are outlined to support A & B.
Step 3: January: Focus: Roll out of game plan
- By January 15th, rollout your key goals for next year. Ideally, this will include your long-term vision, mission, and key values. Doing that will present a code of conduct. As a group, outline the support you truly need.
- Reinforce that continuous improvement needs to be a habit and start key initiatives. (Critical to make CI a habit vs. doing only when problems occur.)
- Review the roles and mission of each position and put them into the game plan.
- Conduct a short, online Employee Survey to help determine your company goals.
- One free session with John and/or one of his specialists on how to do the 3 Step Implementation.
Free Leadership Articles
Visit our Leadership blog for articles on vision, culture, leadership, recruiting, sales, professional development and book/DVD summaries.